If you know me, you know I LOVE OATMEAL RAISIN COOKIES! I was going to make my typical breakfast cookies, but decided to switch up the ingredients and make a more cake-like bar cookie with fewer carbs, since I’m currently very low carb at the moment. This recipe is simple, so I thought I’d share it with you all to enjoy!
If you make it, please share your photos and feedback by using #solanafit or #oatmealcookiesfitmymacros on social media!
Oatmeal Raisin Protein Bars
(makes 9 large bars)
- 1/2 cup light butter (I use Land o’ Lakes Light Butter)
- 5 tbsp Truvia brown sugar blend
- 1/4 cup Splenda for baking
- 1 egg white (46g liquid egg whites)
- 50g fat-free greek yogurt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 scoops (80g) vanilla protein powder (I used 1st Phorm Vanilla Ice Cream)
- 1 1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 28g coconut flour
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 80g raisins
- Preheat over to 350 degrees. Grease a 9×9″ baking dish.
- In a large bowl, cream butter with Truvia and Splenda.
- Add egg whites, yogurt and vanilla.
- In a medium bowl, sift together the protein powder, coconut flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- Slowly add the dry mixture to the wet ingredients and combine. Be sure not to over-mix. Note: The dough will be thick.
- Add raisins and stir to evenly distribute throughout the dough.
- Pour into the prepared baking dish and press to fill the edges.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. If you want a more cookie-like bar, bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Cool, slice, and enjoy!
Macros per bar:
Calories – 194, Protein: 9g, Carbs: 26g, Fat: 6g (sat – 3g), Fiber: 3g, Sugar, 11g, Sodium: 330mg